Howie's Fan Club

Friday, May 23, 2008

Winnie Wiggles Portrait

Winnifred Wigglepants
Portrait by Judy Mackey

Winnie Wiggles was my constant companion in the studio, and my friend Judy painted this picture from a photo of Winnie that was taken just a few weeks before Winnie went to the Bridge. In this photo, Winnie was sitting by my chair in front of the easel, gazing up at me. You might think that was love and adoration in her eyes and maybe you are right, but there was also just a little bit of the message: "Mommy, can we have second breakfast now?" in her appealing gaze. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to receive this portrait from Judy as a gift.

2 comments:

JudyMackeyart said...

Nancy, I enjoyed painting Winnie. While it feels at times that our furry friends ask so much from us i.e. "Bone! Bone! I want that bone now!!!" they do add a lot more to our souls and give more than they ask. Thank you for posting the painting. I appreciate that you liked it.
Judy

Archie and Melissa said...

hi nancy
i LOVE judy's painting of winnie. it touched me the minute i saw it.
it is such a wonderful and loving gift from a special friend.
you have all touched my heart. winnie is so special and she continues to touch people everyday through you and your love for her.
XO
melissa