Howie's Fan Club

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Aspire - Canna Lilies at Balboa Park

Aspire, Balboa Park
24X20
Oil

The inspiration for "Aspire"



The downside to traveling to San Diego last week was being away from the puggies. The upside: Balboa Park! As soon as I saw these rich red cannas crowded in front of these stucco walls, I knew I would have to paint them. Balboa Park is one of the most beautiful places in Southern California. It is amazing to be able to walk into such a place and park at absolutely no charge.

5 comments:

A New England Life said...

How gorgeous Nancy! The painting AND the picture.
At least you were able to experience some beauty through the turmoil of your trip : )

Laura said...

I think the painting is even prettier than the real thing!

Unknown said...

You guys are good for my ego! : ) I'm going to mail you each a dollar pronto. Just as soon as I get change. xxoooo

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my goodness nancy!
aspire is gorgeous! your paintings are even more beautuiful than the flowers that inspire them.
really amazing!
xo
m & e

Manon said...

Beautiful painting Nancy! I agree.... your painting is better that the real thing!!