Howie's Fan Club

Monday, July 14, 2008

A Peek Into the Studio Today


On Friday my artistic friend Judy Mackey and I will take our creations to the Dallas Arboretum for potential entry into their first juried show. *crossing fingers, toes, and all puggy appendages nearby* After weeks and weeks of painting landscapes, I needed to stop and produce something frivolous. I found a bouquet of PURPLE miniature roses in the grocery store. One of my fellow shoppers wondered if they had been dyed. I hope not. I think the world would be so much more interesting if you could just grow purple roses, don't you?

5 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi nancy!

i love your new painting and your studio is gorgous. look at all the paintings you have done and ready to be enjoyed by the world.
you are amazing. i am so excited for you and judy! all the fingers, toes and puggy appendages are crossed here too!
xo
m & e

Ritobear said...

Ooo I love your blog!!! I love the names of the puggies, too! One of my puggies that is at the Rainbow Bridge was Princess Peanut Puggieshoo. Butch and Pugsley already had their names from their previous owners... Peanut was a stray so I got to name her. HUGS!!!

Clover said...

Hello!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Is it ok if I add you to my friends' links? I can't wait to learn more about Howard, Annie & Java!
Love Clover xo

A New England Life said...

I don't want to just peek into your studio Nancy, I want to WALK into it and smell it! What a special treat to be able to see where all the magic happens! What a beautiful picture.

Here is what I found out about Purple Roses: Thought to be almost mystical in nature, with symbolism tied to enchantment, desire and even proceeding cautiously, it’s not surprising that lilac and purple roses send a message of love at first sight, A great Valentine flower.

Unknown said...

How cool - so there really are purple roses! I wonder if they would survive the Texas heat...
thanks for the comments all, Clover, Howie says he wants to be your pal. He doesn't want to share you with Annie, though. ;)